Monday 28 March 2011

Hi

Who am i?

I am currently a student at a 6th form college in the UK. I will writing on this blog about my views towards higher education in the United Kingdom. I feel that there are a variety of things wrong with the culture and the views we hold towards higher education. I feel as though in todays society, students are told to follow and yet they aren't given the opportunity to learn for themselves instead of the syllabus.

Our current education system is so bureaucratic that many educators feel more comfortable with young adults today copying and pasting words from a textbook instead of finding out and changing the world for the better. One may ask, isn't this what the "hippie" generations back in the 60's/70's set out to do? I would answer as yes, but they succeeded, the world we live in today is a much better one than the world back in the 70's. Back then corruption filled every corner of government. Aristocrats and Aristocrat wannabes got away with murder while the working man slaved away.

I am told everyday that i must achieve my target grades meanwhile individual teachers encourage me to go beyond the exam paper. I have a mind that is not just for answering questions made by a few individuals who do not understand or have long forgotten the fundamentals of education.

Children today are told to chase money instead of their dreams. The insecure desire for financial security means that until the day many people die, they will have hated their lives because they slaved away for decades because they chased money and at the end of the road, there is only so much that money can buy sometimes if you have too much, it changes who you are as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment